Monday, October 03, 2005

Another Friday night out with #2 Niece

It's Friday night and I'm standing at the bar of the outside patio with #2 Niece when I look down at the end of the bar and I see him.. He's young, I'm thinking to myself maybe in his early 40's, fairly tall, about 6 ft, stocky built, more muscle than fat, has dark blondish curly hair, not too long but not short either, he's wearing jeans and a long sleeve dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, NICE. Our eyes meet, he smiles at me and the smile continues in his eyes. My stomach gives a little flip. I smile back. I notice he has a cast on his hand so I motion to him pointing at my hand and asking the question "what happened?" He makes a motion with both hands indicating a break.. I give him a sympathic look and then turn back to speak to #2 Niece...

Not too much later I am coming back from the restrooms with #2 Neice, when we get separated. I see him leaning against the doorway of the outside patio with a beer in his hand watching me walk across the room. He smiles at me again... I walk over to him and the first words out of his mouth are "you are soo pretty". I thank him and ask how he broke his hand... He tells me "in a fight" then proceeds to tell me that is what he does for a living... Bare knuckle fighting... for some reason this really turns me on... I say to him that I would love to come watch sometime.. He goes on to say that he won't be fighting for awhile since he just had pins put in his hand.

We carry on the usual bar conversation.He tells me his name is Steve, I tell him my name. He tells me he is divoriced. I tell him I am widowed, he says how sorry he is. I tell him I'm learning how to deal with it... I ask him if he comes here often, he tells me this is his first time. He keeps saying how pretty I am.. I tell him I think he looks really good too.. He asks if there is any possiblity that he could take me home. With regret I shake my head no, and say sorry if that's what he is looking for then I'll keep moving on. He smiles, puts his hand on my arm to keep me there and tells me that he did come looking but it's not important now. I start looking around for #2 Niece, he asks me who I'm looking for. I tell him my niece and ask him if he has seen a pretty girl with long red hair... he tells me.. "I haven't been able to look at anyone else since I first saw you" Ok my stomach just did another flip. I forget looking for #2 Niece...

We talk some more and he makes me laugh about something silly he says. It feels comfortable standing and talking to him. He asks for my phone #. I give him my cell #. He pulls his phone out and calls my # and leaves a message (it back in my truck) with his # and says call me when you get home so I'll know that you are safe. I look at him and finally say something about how young he is... He then tells me he is 35 years old... My heart stops... all that flashes in my mind is... I was 20 yrs old when he was born... OH MY GAWD....how could I even think about getting to know someone that young..I start to leave and again he puts his hand on my arm staying me.. He tells me he likes older women, he was brought up by a single mother and his 2 older sisters. His wife, who he has been divorced from for a year, is 41 yrs old... I tell him when he sobers up he will think differant.. He tells me he has only had 2 beers all night... All I can think about is how Crazy I am to even be imagining being with a 35 year old.... but Damn I really like him.....How did I become sooo old? And why can't guys my own age be this good?

#2 Niece comes up to us about this time. I introduce him to her... His eyes never leave mine... He tells me it's time for him to go... to be sure to call him.. leans over and gives me a quick kiss, then walks out. I watch him thinking HOt Damn girl... what are you thinking? I'll tell you what I was thinking... I was thinking about those Nora Roberts books that I read, fantasizing about all the things I could do to that boy.... Ohh I'm soo bad.

Any way ... I get home about 3:30 am after taking #1 niece home and I call the # he left on my cell. It goes to a voice mail so I left a message... And he hasn't called back... but you know if was fun FANTASIZING...
And I'm learning that just because you give your phone # to a guy doesn't mean that he is going to call you....
Oh well. I'm still having fun and I really felt pretty for awhile...Not a bad thing!!!

No comments: