Friday, October 07, 2005

If only I could look & be young again!!!

I think in the back of my mind I've always thought if I lost "the weight" I would be cute... now why I thought this I don't know since I wasn't all that cute when I was young and skinny. Skinny meaning that I weighed somewhere in the 120's when I was a teenager....a size 12 in those days... I don't ever remember anyone telling me that I was "cute" or "a knockout" .... I wanted to be but I wore these really thick glasses, being almost blind, and I think I had a really hateful look on my face most of the time (I was a "troubled teen")...I didn't date much, but did have a reputation for being "wild"... I was always "the girl from the wrong side of the tracks"... I never had "nice" clothes, never took care of myself, had long scraggly hair being a teenager in the 60's. I wanted to be a "flower child" but never felt like I fit in there either. The closest I came to was after "The Kid" was born and I lived with my younger Sister, who was a "hippy" and still is to this day.. I went along with what she was, kinda like a free ride...listened to her music, did the drugs with her (this was in the 70's, we all did drugs....), hell she would even bring guys home for me, since I stayed home and took care of the kids (Jason, The Kid & #1 Niece) while she worked and I collected welfare...

Come to think of it I don't think I have ever been what I wanted to be, but what whoever I am with wants me to be... My 1st husband was a cowboy, so I listened to country music, even wore cowboy boots... never had a thought of my own.. until I got preg with "The Kid" and moved out.... Then I started to hang out with the Sister and I became her shadow. Then after Jason died, I went off the deep end and became a drunk & a whore (did a lot of things I'm not proud of ), until I met Lar. I think the one thing I really loved about him was he was the first person who saw the real me (after all he was my other half, my soul mate)... and he thought I was "Sexy" .Now he never said I was "cute" but he truly thought I was "Sexy" but then after awhile I seem to have lost that person he saw when we first met... not sure where she went but I became a caretaker, not that I regret one moment I spent with him. Now truthfully if I stop and really think about it , there have been short periods of time in the last 23 years that the "real me" Peeked out...The time I went from 275 #s to 175 #s around 10 years ago... It seems like the only times I really came close to being who I want to be is when my weight is down... soooo no wonder I'm thinking if only I lost all this weight I could be "cute"...
.
Soooo here I am in a size 10, smaller than I've ever been in my adult life, and what do I see when I look in the mirror? If I don't look to close I do see "Cute"...I no longer wear glasses (except for reading) I had RK when I lost that weight 10 years ago. I love my hair, its short, "rocket fire" red, my clothes are soo much fun (I love Ross's") I dress for me and I think I might even be a little "Cute" in my tight size 10 pants and my 4" heels...
but Then If I look close, I start to see the "crows feet" around my eyes, the "puckers" around my mouth, the "chicken wattle" under my chin... all signs of AGE...and I don't think losing weight will change that, now the only way I'm going to get rid of these signs is with plastic surgery.... and that is definately not for me... so I guess I willl have to learn to live with these signs of age... after all I am 55 yrs old... yep, I do have to keep reminding myself that because since I've lost this weight I don't feel that old... I feel that I should be in my early 40's ... where oh where did the last 15 years go? On the realistic side of things I know that although I can lose the weight I can never bring back my youth, but I sure as hell can slow down the aging...
Now if I could only get rid of this worry about looking like one of those "old gray haired Ladies" that dress and act way to young for age.......oooohhhhh nnnnnooooo nnnnotttt that!!!

No comments: