Thursday, October 06, 2005

But I did it anyway

I didn't have a racquetball game last night. I didn't call in for a court early enough on Monday... The gym I go to has 4 courts and lots of players... It's always a struggle to get a court, but usually if I call in right when I get up 2 days in advance (that's the soonest you can call) then I can get a court... We usually play Mon, Weds, Fri & Sat a..m.... Now I really like playing racquetball. I don't consider it exercise...altho I do get alot of that, I consider it fun. I love that I can move this body all around the court... When I first started playing it was a struggle, my knees hurt and I was always out of breath and bending over to pick that ball up(which is great exercise in itself) when I missed wasn't easy. But here I am 1 1/2 years later and it's no big deal for me to throw myself after that little green ball... I still don't win much but I am getting better each time I play...I am so glad that I didn't get discouraged at first because it was hard. I made up my mind that I would keep playing no matter how bad I was and eventually I would have to get better... There is something in me that doesn't like to quit....
...
Well anyway... I didn't have a game scheduled last night and Evil Eva and Moaning Mona were really at me to just go home instead of going to the gym and work out... Evil Eva kept telling me that I deserve a break, how I could go home, finish reading my book and eat the rest of the Rice Dream Frozen Dessert that is just waiting for us in the freezer, and Moaning Mona kept at me about how tired I was. But I know that if I give into either one of them this time it will be that much harder not to give into them the next time. I have this fear that if I don't keep going that I will end up right back where I was two years ago, doing nothing but sitting in front of the tv, reading and eating junk... Now I ask you does that sound like a life for me... maybe to EE & MM it sounds good but like I said I really like being able to do things... I love feeling good about myself..Besides I did give myself a day off on Sunday so it's not like I have a reason to be tired....I've seen too many people who used to come to the gym start slacking off..a day here and a day there until they quit coming all together...

So I did not give into EE & MM... Nope, refused to listen to them.. Drove myself to the gym after work and made myself get on the Life Cycle, did 40 mins and then went and did legs for 45 mins then did abs for 15 mins... and I felt pretty darn good for it..

. Now the question for today is Why is this such a struggle everyday that I have to work out?... It seems the only days I really have no trouble going into the gym is the days I have a racquetball game... It's not like I don't like working out until I my muscles fail (smirk).... the pain is good, right? Now you have to understand that the gym is my second (some would say my first) home. I am there everyday (except some Sundays) and I am friendly with a lot of the people there.. It is a comfortable place to me and I'm all right once I get to the gym and start working out but dang it's hard to convince myself of that when I get into the car and have EE & MM both telling me otherwise.. I've talked to other women who have the same problem (I guess they have their own EE & MM's) but we haven't found a solution except not to give in that first time.....
All I know is that I WILL keep going and I WILL keep working out and I WILL get this weight off and the way to do that is to exercise, eat healthy and drink all of that water then I WILL see TBS.. I will not listen to Evil Eva or Moaning Mona, they do not know whats best for me... I let them have their way for way to long...

No comments: