Thursday, June 08, 2006

There's one born every day

and I am one...Sucker, that is...

I was bored one day last week and instead of coming here and blogging I checked my emails and there was one that said I could win $500 if I took this survey..yeah, I know...I usually ignore these things and let my span folder take care of it but this time I decided to go ahead and do the survey....the thing took FOREVER and it of course tried to sell me on all kinds of things I don't need... I thought I said NO to everything except for the book club zooba.com (which really doesn't seem to be a bad deal)....ANYHOOOO....I am now getting loads of emails from all these places wanting me to either do their survey or sign up with them...I'm having to take the time to unscribribe to each one...this morning the number was down to a mere 25...do you have any idea how time consuming this is...and after reading a couple of these "ads" I see in the small print that if I don't unscribribe then that means that I accept whatever they are trying to get me to do...whoa....
For some reason my spam feature doesn't work when I dial into AOL here at work...if I check them at home they are all in the spam folder but not here at work, which is where I usually check my emails because my dial up at home is soooo damn slow...(whoa that sounds like an advertizement on tv)...You'd think I would know better....

No comments: