Monday, June 19, 2006

Date Night!

I met Stew on Saturday night at 7 pm at the mall... He's a nice guy but no sparks, but then I really didn't expect there to be.
altho I had seen a picture of him..it wasn't a very good picture..taken from far away and he did tell me that he was "stocky"...so when I first saw him I realized He was shorter than I thought he would be...we were about the same height (since I wore my heels) and he looked older than 46..and I guess his definintion of "stocky" is differant than mine...I figure @ 270 pounds he was more overweight than stocky...but that part really didn't bother me...I'm used to "big" guys...he wore very thick glasses and had very thin lips...but looks aside he IS a very nice guy and I did have a nice time with him...atho I was home by myself by 10:30 pm...
We went to the Movie..The X-Men...it was a great movie..can't wait for the next one to come out...The thing I really like about Stew is his laugh...he has one of these loud belly laughs that just makes me smile...The first time he let loose with one I thought..."Wow...that's sooo coool". I felt relaxed around him...
After the movie we went to this lil Greek resturant in the Mall and had Ravolli..and he told me all about how he can't exercise because of all of his illnesses...He's diabetic, is on heart medicine, has bad knees and I can't remember all the rest...And he kept telling me how beautiful I am ...I was alright with it the first time but it got to where I was uncomfortable with his compliments after awhile....I mean I Did look good, my new hair cut is to die for but believe I'm no ravin beauty..
All in all it was a nice time and I would probably go out to see another movie with him if he asked but there is one thing that bothers me....
I parked at the end of the parking lot...and he parked in the desk close to the mall...when we said good bye at the end of the night he didn't even offer to walk me to my car...now I probably won't have accepted his offer but I think if he's as much of a southern gentleman that he claims to be shouldn't have at least offered?
It did leave a bad taste in my mouth...

Well anyway so much for MY FIRST REAL DATE since becoming a Widow...

4 comments:

Kyra said...

hey, as far as breaking back into the dating scene goes - that's not bad! From the sounds of it,I'd avoid another date though ;)

Lady Sue said...

I don't think I'm going to have to worry about a second date with him since he hasn't gotten back to me since Saturday...I'm more relieved than anything...

Suzann said...

Wow Sue - a date. Good for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm stocky too!