Tuesday, November 01, 2005

New Month, New Plan!!

Here it is the 1st of November already.. Where did this year go? This is normally a rough time of the year for me for several reasons which I'm not going to go into at this time... but I know I need a plan on how I am going to get through the next couple of months and still lose the 10 pounds I sooo want to lose..

The first thing I'm going to give another try to JOURNALING... I know that it really does work... not just journaling what I eat but exercise and how I'm feeling. This blog is basically that as far as feelings go.. but there is alot of things I don't put here because I can't stand "negativity" and I really don't want to give Moanin' Mona a free hand...I'm usually pretty good for about 2 weeks on journaling my foods but then I hit a weekend and miss a couple of days and then don't seem to get back to it.. also I get discouraged that there isn't an easy way to keep track of calories.. Fitday seems to be the best but even it has it's bad points... one being that I eat things that aren't on the chart and I can't seem to find a decent book that give me calories fat/carb/protein breakdowns....so I don't get an accurate idea of what I am eating...unless I eat the same thing day in day out... yech...

I'm also thinking of changing my meals so I am eating a bigger meal at lunch and the smaller meal after workout at the gym... seems like most night I get home about 9 pm and by the time I fix a meal and eat it, it is time to go to bed and then my body is soo busy digesting the foods I just ate that I can't sleep... it's a merry go round that I need to get off... One of my excuses for not doing this before is that I eat lunch in my truck and it is too messy trying to eat a meal so I usually have a wrap and some fruit... this again is just an excuse...I need to quit making excuses and Make a PLAN and just DO IT...
So here goes... I will plan what to take for lunch the next day and fix it the night before so it is ready to go in the morning.. I can keep it in the fridge here at work with the water I have to bring now because they took out the filter water machine...(turkeys that they are) .... I can heat it up if needed and eat it in my office then go to my truck for the last half an hour to read...This will allow me to get more protein in and less carbs... I will try this for a week or two and then re evalute to see if it is working... At night I can fix something quick like the spinach/turkey wrap that I usually do for lunch, or Amy's pocket sandwiches.. this should satisfy me....

So I need to stop at WalMart tonight and buy me a new note book for jotting down things in until I can log in to Fitday (and thoughts that I don't feel comfortable saying here) and plastic dishes with lids to bring meals in.
This does sound like a PLAN!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.