Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I absolutely hate being sick!!!!

I absolutely hate being sick!!!
I pulled something in my left leg(actually in my left side of my butt which makes the pain run all the way down my leg to my toes ..ouch) while doing stretches last night at the gym and was up all night with the pain.. This morning when I woke up (after about a half an hour sleep) I was sick to my stomach and headachey... I keep telling myself that I am too mean to be sick...and that I absolutely REFUSE to give into it...I'm here at work but if I can't convince myself that I feel better by noon I think I will go home.. I just can't handle anything right now... I feel all weepy and yucky....I hate it...

The one fear I have of staying home sick is that Moanin' Mona loves comfort food.. yep, my mind is already thinking homemade potato soup...with lots of butter...luckily I don't have the ingredients at the house to make it... my other fav is homemade hot choc cornstarch pudding... again no ingredients...soo that part of my plan is working... If you don't have it in the house it makes it harder to give into temptation...but comfort food makes me feel so much better...at least for a little bit...LOL..
I'm not sure why I associate food with being sick...maybe it's because when I was a kid and if I stayed home from school sick that's the one time I got special treatment from my Mom... I would get 7 UP if I was sick to my stomach, and we never had soda's at our house just KoolAid. And when I was in the hospital (age 6) to get my tonsils out I got Ice Cream... sooo see even the medical profession thinks you should have special foods when you are sick...
I'm afraid I did the same for the girls when they were young... I just hope I didn't mess things up for them by giving them special foods when they were sick....like I could do anyting else......

1 comment:

PartTimeMom said...

I hope you feel better!

And there's a reason they call it 'comfort food' :)