Thursday, November 10, 2005

It's a Great Day!!

It's amazing to me how much of this whole healthy living thing is Mental...
I'm having a GREAT day today.. Got up in time to take that extra time to look good.. I'm wearing my size 10 Levi's and my hair turned out really good... I have my fav workout clothes in the bag ready for a really hard intense workout tonight...my food is all packed for the day, no extra's just in case of an emergency, and my water is going down good.
Yesterday was such a bust, I just couldn't get into it at all. I felt like I looked like a slob, even the Kid, when I saw her, asked why I was wearing that big shirt, (it went in the give away pile this morning). I was hungry all day and didn't have any energy for the gym.. I ended up mostly talking to one of the guys about his brother who has ALS (I think he really needed someone to talk too) and didn't get much of a workout, then my racquetball partner bailed on me so all I did was some practice shots (about 20 mins worth) then went home.. I was home before 8 pm..which is very unusual for me. I fixed one of my frozen Amys Mexican Casseroles and had some more Veggie Tortilla Chips and sat down in front of the TV and watched an old movie... something I haven't done in a long time... I guess I needed a day like yesterday to appreciate today.
I think I'm going to reconsider changing my eating plan to where I eat the larger meal at lunch and the smaller one at night... There's nothing written down in stone that says I have to do anything one way or the other... and for me (mentally at least) it works better the old way... so I have my spinach/turkey wrap (which I absolutely love) my pickle and my strawberries all ready for lunch.. Just knowing that I will get this for lunch makes it easier for me and I'm not tempted to try to find something else to eat in before lunch... I'm satisfied with my banana today...

Like I said Soo much of this is mental...

No comments: