Wednesday, November 16, 2005

What the Heck have I done in the last week?

It's been almost a week since I've blogged... Now i know when I go to other blogs and see that they haven't updated I get upset... What the heck are they doing that is so important that they can't take a couple of minutes to update their blog? Well. Lets see.... Just what have I been doing for a week?

Friday... I didn't have to work because it was Veterans Day.. No i don't work at a bank or for the government but I do work with the government soooo if they get the day off I usually do too. anyhoooo... I slept in... until 8 am... and then got up put some music on... ZZ tops, Eric Clapton, Inxs, ect...ect... ect.. you get the idea, and cleaned my house... dust bunnies beware... took down the Halloween decorations (this took a whole 10 mins) put them back up in the attic. Looked at my clock and saw it was almost time for lunch... Called The Kid to see if she wanted to meet but she already had plans soooo called #1 Niece to see if she and the kids wanted to go to the new restaurant by Wally world... and yay, they did...
Had a good lunch... stayed within my plan by having soup and half a chicken/spinach wrap... it was pretty good. It was fun visiting the Golden Child (he's 7 and very smart) and his sister Mini-meme who is 2 yrs old going on 7..she speaks in another language (not sure what it is but her Mommy says its Cantonese) but is very fun to watch because she is soooo serious when she is talking to you...
Next I had to go to The Kids office to take her some books to read over the weekend...she & family were going to the "hunting club". Saw #2 niece who works with The Kid... made plans to take #2 niece to lunch for her b'day on Tuesday (she turned 22 yrs old yesterday).. got back in the car drove home to get changed to go play racquetball.... drove to the gym worked out a little then played for a couple of hours... got home early so could get some sleep before the 5K in the morning.

Saturday... got up early, it was cold, around 40 degrees, #1 Niece came and picked me up to go to the 5K race.. It was at the park where we run on Sundays but of course we run the opposite way than what the race was.. I knew I was in trouble right off the start...my shoes weren't tied tight enough and my ankle felt very wobbly...so the first hill that we came to I pulled over to tie both shoes tight and to take off my sweatshirt and tie it around my waist.. now altho I hurried I knew this was going to take some time off from my finish.. Lots of hills and I ended up walkling more than I wanted but got a cramp in my right leg & hip that I just couldn't get past... but I did run the last 1/4 of mile ... my time was my worst yet... but I still came in 1st for my age group. I got another plaque, it's smaller than the last one but I like it... I haven't hung it up yet.
After the race...I went home, took a shower and packed my bag & my cooler. Then drove to a small town outside of Columbia SC to some friends house where we had a grill out. My Friend Con had been to Alaska this past summer and brought home a Salmon he had caught and had it frozen until I could come up to share it... They had another couple who brought fresh Shrimp for Charleston area..so I ate pretty good..altho I did have a couple of glasses of wine.. It was an interesting and fun night.

Sunday morning.. I got up before anyone else and took a run for an hour thro town.... it was so peaceful and quiet... I love small towns.. then We sat around and visited until it was time for me to drive home... I love going to see these peoples.. I always bring home a bag of books...

Monday...back to work....played racquetball
Tuesday...work again...Went to lunch for #2 Nieces B'day with The Kid, #1 Niece (who brought The Golden Child & Mini-meme)and Lisa (a good friend who works with The Kid) ...worked some more....worked out at the gym ... went home watched The Biggest Loser and My Name is Earl... the only shows I ever watch on a regular base....
And now here it is Weds... No plans just work & go to the gym tonight ...

Now I Know alot more happened than this but geez how boring can you get...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said your time was 32: something, in the 1st Duluth run your time was 33:33 so you did do better this time. Plus, it was a much harder run, what with all the hills. Don't sell yourself short.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I’m not sure if it’s exactly what I am looking for, but I’m glad that I stopped by.

You see I have a supplements site/blog that focuses on naturally protecting one’s health and supplements related stuff.

Check it out if you get the time!