Saturday, July 29, 2006

Feed Them!!!!

I decided this morning to have my granddaughter Lil Bit who is 3 yrs old spend the night with me...she is so freakin' cute..Last weekend when I was over at The Kid's house Lil Bit told me she wants to come live with me...now I think what she really meant was she wanted to come spend the night..not sure if she really understands the differance...Her brother Bubba goes to his Dad's pretty much every other weekend so I feel that Lil Bit needs a special place to come to every once in awhile...I'm afraid that I'm pretty much busy most weekends but I decided that I need to make more time for her...she is growing up sooo fast.

One of my main problems with having the Grandkids over to my house is that since I've gone healthy there isn't alot of food here that they eat...Oh sure I ALWAYS have lots of fresh fruit but except for Bubba who loves pretty much everything I eat I worry about what to feed the lil angels...So at lunch I went to the grocery store to find something she would eat...now I know that she will only be here one night so I will only have to feed her breakfast but since I don't eat bread, I can't feed her french toast Or even regular toast and do I want to buy a whole loaf of bread just for 2 slices of toast...I have no flour so can't make pancakes besides that I don't have butter in my house either..I do have eggs..but what is scrambled eggs without toast...so I called The Kid and asked her about Pop Tarts...even after reading the Nutrition facts on these things (I know they are pure poision) but I felt that she needed something she would eat and I happen to know she doesn't like Rice Cakes (I tried them on her the last visit) anyhoooo The Kid told me she really likes Oatmeal for breakfast (who'd Thunk?) and she would send a couple of packets with her soooo all I have to get is milk...Breakfast taken CARE of!!!!!!

But then I get to thinking that she will need something to snack on....This is where I realize that my old habits are still ingrained in me....I start to think Cookies, Cheetos etc...I know that she doesn't NEED any of this junk but I still end up looking at it and I did buy a package of Newman-O's chocolate Creme Filled Chocolate Cookeis made with organic flour & sugar, organic palm fruit oil...telling myself that they are better than regular cookies..but they are still 130 calories for 2 freakin' cookies...And come on we know I really bought them for myself...sure I gave the kid a couple of cookies (and she did like them) but who do you think is going to eat most of them....Was I just looking for an excuse to buy Cookies...probably!!!! NO DOUBT about it because here it is 3 am and I'm thinking about having a couple...THERE'S A REASON I DON'T KEEP THIS JUNK IN MY HOUSE....I have NO will power to NOT eat it if it's here....Will I never learn? Will I always be looking for an excuse to buy things I know I don't need....(Evil Eva asks Why do I need an excuse anyway?)

What is it in ME that makes me feel this need to FEED people? I have no problem knowing WHAT to feed myself anymore but when it comes to the Grandkids I think that they Won't like what I eat so I have to get them all the junk that made me fat in the first place...What's wrong with feeding them what I eat...besides the fact that kids don't normally like ToFu or veggie burgers....And why do I feel that if they don't have snacks that they will starve or worse yet never want to come to my house? My own Grandmother never had snacks for us..she did have a candy dish with lemon drops and we were allowed ONE when we first got to her house and I still loved going there (mainly because she always had the Readers Digest and lots of books that I could read).... So I tell myself to get over it and to stop worrying about food and start thinking about what Lil Bit and I can do together for Fun....I think she will remember that I read her a story about the Velveteen Rabbit more than she will remember that I gave her 2 choc cookies....This is what is important...NOT Food...

1 comment:

Joy Des Jardins said...

That's right Sue...what you do with Lil Bit is much more important than what you feed her. That will all fall into place anyway.