Monday, July 24, 2006

Adventures of Dating!!!!

I just got home from another on line date....Just to be on the safe side this time I took my freind & neighbor Esther with me...We set this date up for a twilight walking tour downtown Atlanta...my date is a volunteer tour guide and since I'm trying to get more into the history of the city I live in, I thought this would be a good date. I dressed in my white capris, white t-shirt, brown overshirt, brown leather flat sandals (flat because his description of himself said he was 5'8") lil white hat, white hoop earrings, gold necklace with medallion...in other words I looked good...From his emails I assumed he was very much in the monies, he belongs to the Atlanta Art Center, goes to symphonies etc and I was afraid I wouldn't be classy enuff for him...
Esther & I took the Marta train into Atlanta and met him....he was a nice guy BUT not for me (or Esther). The first thing I noticed about him was his COMBOVER (the breeze making it stand straight up, it was like out of a comedy show), the first thing Esther noticed about him was his DUCK WALK , and then we got close to him and realized he SMELLED, like he hadn't taken a shower in a very long time...it was not good...so we stood down wind of him and took the tour....now I do have to say he is very good at being a tour guide and he really was nice and a gentleman...
also my freind Esther is only 5'2" and this guy was just a little taller than her...no way was he 5'8"....
I am sooo glad that Esther went with me because I would think that I am just being picky about these guys....but she told me that there was NO WAY this guy was for me...she said he was WAY too OLD....he's 57 yrs old, 1 yr older than me...So we decided that I really need to start looking at younger guys in their 40's. And she said I was WAY TOO CLASSY for him....LOL!!! Needless to say we made our excuses to head back home as soon as the tour was over....

Oh yeah, funny thing happened on the freeway on our way home, as we were laughing about this date..i happened to look over and there is this really cute 30/40ish guy in a truck in the next lane, I smile at him, he waves and then starts flirting with me...I'm driving, Esther looks over at him and he starts to motion for us to pull over at the next exit....we are all laughing, I shake my head NO WAy...he throws us a kiss and takes the exit...we both just started to laugh...Esther said too bad he hadn't been our date...

I'm definately going to have to rethink this on line dating thing...I mean this is 3 dates in the last month and they have ALL been interesting to say the least...but not even close to what I want...but at least I am out there doing things...

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I remember my gramma telling me "you only need 1 good one," to which I responded "yeah, but it seems like you have to meet 1,000 assholes to find 1 good one." Seems the same is true for online dating. The good news, we can expect another 997 wonderful blog postings from you! This one was pretty funny. And go for it-- find a younger man. Ever heard the song Rock Me by Liz Phair?

Chris said...

You are so brave, I wouldn't know the first thing about dating.
I admire your fortitude!
Keep looking, someone is waiting for you out there.

Joy Des Jardins said...

You are a brave and adventurous soul Sue. I don't even think in those terms regarding dating....hell, I don't even think about dating. As much as I love talkiing with people and such, I just haven't even wanted to go there. So many wonderful people out there...you just never know when you may meet a kindred spirit; and I'd say that may be well worth the trip.

Cindy said...

I have a theory. No man anywhere will admit to being under five seven and, online, it seems to be five eight. I enjoyed reading your experience. I did some online dating here and there and always wondered what it was like for other women. I ended up finding it really tedious and I guess I just did not have the patience. And I gave it up. But the highway flirt, now that sounded fun.
Right now I am not interested in dating. If some pounds come of I imagine I will be more inclined test the waters again. I hope to read more of your adventures.