Sunday, April 15, 2007

ADVOIDANCE!!!!!!

I'm sooo good at it..if I advoid doing something then I can't be held accountable for it ..right? Wrong...this is keeping me awake tonight and so I MADE myself get up out of bed and come here....

So just what have I been advoiding?
Pretty much everything beginning with my getting back to losing weight to cleaning my house & keeping my yard work up...even my truck is a mess..EVEN WORSE...I've been advoiding coming here ..Using the excuse that I don't want to whine or bore everyone......otherwise making excuses to myself and pretending that everything is just hunky dorky in my life....not that it's really bad just that I'm not doing what I really need to be doing.....SOOOO what am I going to do about it...I need to get off my duff and get my life back to the way I want it...

I need to COMMIT...(gawd how I hate that word)....NO MORE EXCUSES....starting today I begin all over and get control of my life again...

First...I need to come here at least 3 times a week if not daily even if it is only to write a couple of sentences...making myself accountable for what I'm doing really does help...So just bear with me until I get back in the habit of coming here and then I'm sure I'll get back to my old witty? self.

Second...I need to get back to eating healthy...get off all the junk food that I've been stuffing into my face...eat small regular meals 5xs a day...my excuse has been that I'm on the run alot with the new job but that will soon end once we open the new gym..which should be in 2 weeks..yay! But I'm not going to use that excuse..there are people out there that have jobs that are worse than mine and they don't eat crazy like I have been....I could list so many reasons I have been giving myself for why I eat that bag of pretzels rather than a piece of fruit...i start off with good intentions...even to buying the fruit but eating that and the other junk food that I've been buying....well...NO MORE...(Friday the 13th...I couldn't get my size 10 pants that I love to snap...this is not good)..I'm not going to bore ya'll with what I eat..I'll just come here and report that I am on PLAN....I'm being positive here.....
I've been ADVOIDING getting on the scale..I know that I'm up over 180 again...and I have to tell you that I'm still not ready to get on it and see the truth...call me a chicken..I AM...this one is the hardest for me right now....I keep telling myself that it can't be that bad..and I don't want to start my day off being discouraged....I need an attitude adjustment on this one (I'm working on it honest!)

Third...my house & yard...I took today off from work...(actually I was suppose to go on a backpacking trip to the Smokies but it got cancelled due to the weather we are having here)..and I actually mowed my lawn...I've been using the excuse that I couldn't get my lawnmower started..so this morning I decided to give it one more try and if it didn't start then I would take it to Sears for it's yearly tune up...yay..it started so I mowed the whole yard, pulled weeds, trimmed the privets and blowed off the drive way just in time for the rain to do it's work...I forget how much I love this yard that Lar & I worked on so hard for many years..I've let it go for so long that I think the neighbors thought I had moved (haha)...
I love my house but lately I haven't been keeping it as clean as I like...usually I have no problem picking up after myself...but when I looked around at my house this afternoon it was a wake up call for me at how much I've let things go....I'm not a fanatic about being clean but I do like everything in its place...

whoa..this is about as much of this serious thinking that I can handle for now.....I'm going back into my nice warm bed and get a couple of more hours of sleep before going back to work (today's going to be a great day for Me)...this post is mostly for me.....it seems like over the years I have needed to actually write the words to make myself commit...way to easy to go back on those good intentions if you don't see it written in words....Making myself accountable is HARD...

No comments: