Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hodgepodge Thoughts

My Grandson "Bubba" will turn 8 years old tomorrow (his birthday is one of the few I can remember...he was born 9/8/98 how cool is that)....I remember the day he was born and the first thing I saw was that shock of red hair sticking up..he was sooo tiny...he's gone through a lot of things since he was born but I like to think he takes after me and is a very stong person...I have to go out and buy him a b'day present yet...but it's hard since he has sooo many things already and when asked what he wanted ..he told me whatever I got him would be fine with him...he's such a sweetheart!!!




Liz of Granny Vibe is taking a break from blogging and I miss her... She was diagonosed with cancer and I think she & the Painter are focusing everything on her getting better... Now when you click on her site you get this wierd list of Black Vibrators...how wierd is that... Any way I wish Liz all the luck in the world and hope she knows how much she is missed her in blogland...

I got my new sleeping bag... but I'm kind of worried that I won't be able to get any sleep in it...it is a mummy bag and altho it does have a zipper at the feet to make it wider and to give you air when it is warmer..it's still a really tight fit...I went with the mummy type because that was the one that weighed the least...a little under 3 pounds...it fits nicely into this little sack and I figure I'll be able to carry it for a long distance if needed. I just wish I wasn't so claustaphobic (which I seemed to forget when I ordered the thing) ... When I got home Saturday am (at 3 in the morning after a night out with some freinds) the box was waiting for me at the front door...so I unpacked it and rolled the bag out onto the living room floor and crawled into it (thinking to test it out) ...when I realized that I can't get in my favorite position to sleep...which is curled up on my right side with my top leg bent at the knee and out as far as it will go...I kept turning around in it trying to get comfortable but only succeeded in getting all twisted up in it instead...so I got out, straightened the bag up and crawled in again...tried to sleep on my back..but my snoring woke me up...damn whats with that, so decided to try sleeping on my left side...just as I was starting to fall asleep, I automatically turned to my right side but my feet got all tangled up in the bottom of the bag and I couldn't turn...and who knew that my living room floor was so hard even with the carpet...I finally got out of the bag and went to my bed (where I should have gone in the first place..talk about heaven...) so it will be interesting when I go camping on the 16th...good thing it is only one night...I'm thinking I need to get a pad but not sure there is room for it and me in the bag also that kind of defeats the purpose of going with a bag that weighs less than 3 pounds if I have to carry a pad that adds weight to my pack...I guess you could say this is a "learning experience" for me...LOL..

4 comments:

Suzann said...

oh Sue, I didn't know about Liz, that is terrible - when did she go off line? I will be sending golden healing thoughts her way.

Good luck with the sleeping bag. :)

Lady Sue said...

I just missed her this week so I googled Granny gets a Vibrator and came up with http://kcsheehan.blogspot.com/
"Doing Justice" did a nice blog about Liz which tells all.. I knew that Liz was struggling with the cancer but she had been pretty faithful and upbeat about it lately then all of a sudden Nothing...so of course I was worried...
Sue

Now all I have to do is find out what happened to "Geniune"... I really hate it when someone in my "blog" family goes missing...

Joy Des Jardins said...

Happy Birthday Bubba....

Always sorry to hear of someone struggling with illness or personal despair of any kind. I hope Granny is okay.

Take care of yourself Sue, and good luck with your sleeping bag.

Anonymous said...

Do you mean this Genuine?

http://www.genuineblog.com/

He's never left, if that's who you mean.