Monday, September 11, 2006

From one extreme to the next

Last night as I sat at the Sports Bar watching football and drinking beer...I thought to MYSELF...here I am in a total differant atmosphere than I was 2 nights ago...2 nights ago I was hanging out with the "beautiful" people, drinking wine, listening to jazz and enjoying the Atlanta night life...now here I am hanging out with a bunch of crazy guys, getting rambutious, listening to runchy jokes in a bar that you can hardly hear yourself in...and I'm totally enjoying myself... I love the fact that my life is so unprediticable...and so full of doing differant things... A few months ago I was bemoaning to MYSELF that I didn't do anything but go to the gym & work...Not any more....

The only thing I could wish for now is if I would win the lottery so I could afford to do ALL the things that I would love to do...but I'm finding out that there is STILL alot that I can do that doesn't cost a lot of monies...all you have to do is surround yourself with people that like to do things...

Some of the things that we are talking about doing is:
rollerskating/blading...(too many years I worried about being to fat to do this..I used to love rollerskating when I was young)
bowling
White Water Rafting (ok so this one might be a little over the top for me, since I don't swim but if the group really wants to do it...I'll be there)
going to 6 Flags to ride the rollercoasters
Go to a play (not sure which one yet)

Things I would like to do if I had monies
Go on a cruise
Skydive (yeah, I know I'm afraid of heights but I really need to get over that fear too)
Learn to rock climb (I might do this one anyway next year after I get over my fear of heights)
Go to the symphony/opera (all dressed to the max)
Go to a football game in a differant city than Atlanta

Losing Larry and living through the terror of 9/11 has made me want to live life to the fullest...
Life can be cut short so easy and so fast...who knows how long any of us have...but as long as I'm able I want to be able to say "I Did it the best that I could"...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am totaly with you and all i can say is: go go go :-)

Shelly said...

I am growing to love football. I love learning new things and doing new things-- I think we share that adventurous spirit. Keep it up, girl! But don't ask me to go skydiving with you!