Friday, September 08, 2006

A little touch of Culture

Last night my freind Joelle and I went an art show downtown Atlanta at the Sundial Resturant and Bar which is located at the top of the Westin P'tree Plaza... this place is freakin' amazin'...we rode up the glass elevator 73 floors to the top...surprizingly the height didn't bother me at all...I have to tell you I wasn't impressed with the art show but looking out at the Atlanta skyline at night with all the lights NOW that was very impressing... this bar rotates all around so you get to see all of Atlanta...We sat and had a glass of wine, people watched and listen to the jazz trio...I thought I would feel out of place in such a fancy place but surprizingly I didn't...I just enjoyed myself...maybe I'm not such a country bumpkin as I thought...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I read your profile and see that you are baby boomer, too. Please come visit!

Anonymous said...

I love your posts. You've accomplished a lot and you are growing young, not old. I should give my mother your blog address; her husband left her almost a year ago and she's feeling, old, lonely, devastated, and worthless. Perhaps she would see how much life she truly has left in her if she knew how much living you do :) Take care, and I wish you all the best.

Lady Sue said...

Lorlei....do give your Mom my blog address...if nothing else it wil give her something to shake her head about...maybe even get a laugh or two...
I have found that life will give you some hard knocks but staying down is not an option for me...I would rather keep busy and have some fun while I am at it...
I do have some down times where I feel old, lonely and worthless too but I refuse to let it take over my life for long...
My advice to your mom is go out get your hair dyed bright red (I just did and I look great) and join a club (any kind...if you like knitting find a club that does that...it doesn't matter what kind just as long as you get out there and do something...I joined a fitness club..the best thing I ever did for myself) and take one day at a time...before you know it you might even start having fun again....
thanks for you comment..it made me feel good today...