Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What I accomplished in 2005!

So it's that time of year again when we all make our New Year Resolutions....but before I do that I want to take a positive look at what I have accomplished and then set some new realistic goals for 2006... this is not something I want to rush into because I hate failing...
I looked around to see if I actually wrote up new goals for 2005 but couldn't find them....
I know that losing weight was the main one and I think I was hoping to reach my goal of 149 by this time...but I don't feel too bad because I did go from a size 16 to a size 10 in this year.... so I may not have reached my weight goal but I think I exceeded my size goal...in the back of my mind I think I was thinking size 12.. I never imagined that I would actually be in a size 10 and be thinking about being in a size 8 or 6 as a possibility. And I did lose 20 pounds and kept it off, that in itself is a good thing....

To be more independent and do things by myself should have been on that list because that is something I feel I really accomplished this year for myself. I not only took a couple of trips by myself, I also did a couple of 5K races by myself. I've learned not to wait for someone to go with me to do things, if I really want to do them I can do them by myself, like go to the movies....This may sound easy but for me it is a major accomplishment and it really makes me feel good about myself...I think I've always been the independent type but over the years with Larry, I got to where I didn't want to do things by or for myself...Now that I'm by myself there is nothing to stop me from doing the things I want to do if the opportunity comes up..

With that in mind I think that I take better care of how I look now than I did a year ago... I even get decked out to go to the store...I wear makeup everyday, except when I go running at the park on Sundays, keep my hair colored and trimmed, I used to do this myself but now I spend the extra time and money on a stylist..I gave up doing my nails because they were always getting messed up at the gym but I'm alright with that part. I take pride in how I look...

I've been really working on my self esteem this past year, part of that is looking good but also attitude, trying to be more sure of myself...still need more work on it but I feel that I am more assured of myself than I have been in a long time... I try to be outgoing and happy most of the time. I had less times when I just sat around feeling sorry for myself... I learned to keep busy and not let the negative rule the day..

so looking back on 2005 I'm not that dissatified with it ... in fact I think I did pretty good... Just imagine what I can do in 2006...
Something to look forward too!!!!!

1 comment:

PartTimeMom said...

It does sound like you had a good 2005.

Congrats on the size 10's that's awsome. I would take a size loss over a scale loss any day of the week.

I can't wait to see what you accomplish in 2006 cause there's no doubt in my mind that your capable.

Happy New Year!