Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Kick in the A$$

Thurs 12/8/05...I started this post on Tuesday, saved it as a draft and decided to finish it later..I should know better...here it is 2 days later and I haven't done any thing with it....

Tuesday 12/6/05
Just as I feared....I took Sunday off from exercising and yesterday I had no motivation to get back into it. I did go to the gym, did some stretches, abs and played a couple of games of racquetball but didn't really give it my all... So it's time to give myself a big Kick in the A$$ and get back to it tonight..

I have to admit it was nice taking a day off. I did run/walk at the park by myself on Saturday morning before going and picking up the GrandDaughter. It was a little cold and there wasn't hardly anyone at the park, but I really did enjoy it.. When I first got there I told myself that I would only go one time around the lake (3 miles) but I warmed up nicely and felt like I had it in me to go the second lap around ...at one point on my second lap, a runner that was going the opposite direction passed me gave me a "Rocky" salute and yelled "way to go, you're looking good" (it was the second time he had gone past me...) I'm starting to feel like a true runner...

Tonight at the gym I will do 30 mins on the TM (if I can get on one, if not then I will try for the eliptical) then work upper body with the weights...
Thurs Note* I did go to the gym Tues nite..the TM kicked my a$$.. I haven't done the tm for about 3 weeks, then did only about 40 mins of weights...soo much for good intentions... Took last night off since I didn't have a racquetball game scheduled..went home and cleaned the house then went and got my grocery shopping done for the week. Now I don't have to do it this weakend and I'll be able to get an extra workout in at the gym.

parttimemom commented on my last post and got me to thinking. She said "Alright - you've figured out what went wrong. Now what went right? And what can make it better? :)"
What went right?... the fact that I do keep up with exercising everyday. I know that I need to burn more calories than I take in and also that muscle burns more calories than fat....see I have learned my lessons well....
What can make it better? get control of my mindless eating when I am at home... Exercise is easy for me because I love the way it makes my body feel... instant satifaction... if only I could find a way to feel the same way bout only eating when and what I need to..
I have posted a Mantra on the cupboard at home, the one that keeps calling me at night..
it is
"I've come to far to have food dictate to me"
"I will get to 160 pounds"
"I'm looking good now but can look even better if I don't give into this urge"

1 comment:

PartTimeMom said...

I'm glad to see you back, and glad to see you looked at some of the most postive side of things.

I like your mantra it's focused and postive.

I struggle with food too - it's a battle, but one I intend to win!