Tuesday, May 08, 2007

My lawn mower is out to get me!!!!!

Proof that my lawn mower hates me....
Sunday when I had all kinds of time to spare I went out to the garage and pulled the lawn mower out...filled it up with gas and tried to start it...pulled that damn cord until my arm was ready to fall off....Would not start...so after about 15 mins I put it back and said forget it...

Today when I had only about an hour and a half before I had to get ready for work.(the whole lawn takes about 2 1/2 hrs with emptying the bag).I decided to try it one more time (just to prove to myself that it won't start) ...now yesterday when I went out to start it I wore my ratty shirt and shorts and of course my really ratty shoes that are falling apart....Today...because I was so sure that the mower won't start I wore my good capri's, and big sweater and no shoes....of course the thing started on the first pull..(go figure)..so there I was with a running lawn mower and if you let go of the handle the thing quits running on you...(god forbid that should happen)...after all my grass is so long that I'm starting to get funny looks (again) from the neighbors..but do they come over and mow the lawn for me....NOOOOOO.....anyway there I was mowing the lawn in my bare feet (which have gotten really wimpy because I wear shoes all of the time) ....there is poision ivy in one of my islands and it has grown over into the side yard....I'm trying not to step in it and instead am stepping on those damn little sweet gum balls (the ones with all the spikes....ouch) but fear not I'm not really crazy enuff to keep this up..after I stepped on the first sweet gum ball I said NO WAY and went and put my shoes on...I figured the damn lawn mower won't start and there I would be with a yard with one strip mowed...but no the thing started right up...so I mowed the front yard today....We'll see if the damn thing starts tommorow so I can finish it up...

Now this same thing happened to me the last time I tried to mow the lawn (about a month ago)
I took off work especially to mow the lawn and couldn't get the thing started...so the next day I decided to pack it up and take it in to Sears for it's yearly tune up but first wanted to try to start it just to make sure it won't start...Damn if the thing didn't start and I ended up mowing the whole lawn that day....again I was dressed to the hilt..what's with that?

so i figure I have to plan on two days for the mowing of the lawn ...first one day to make me look and feel like an idiot trying to start the thing to no avail...and then the second day when I look good to go out and actually mow the lawn....LOL

No comments: