Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm Back!!!!

Just got home from the park...

Slept pretty good last night and woke up ready to go run/walk at the park...this is the Park that #1 Niece and I used to do...(last year when we were actually doing things together...sigh) and I really haven't taken any of the off trails by myself but decided today to do it...so I took the 2.5 mile Ravine Overlook trail, which added onto my 2 mile walk...so I actually did 4.5 miles...It was a beautiful morning and since this is a wooded trail which climbs down to a ravine then back up I got a good work out...it actually took me 1.5 hrs because I walked most of it..I'm trying to speed up my walking...for some strange reason it's easier for me to run (except uphill) than walk fast...I feel pretty good today...

This is a big park with 2 entrances which is about a 6-7 mile off trail hike from one entrance to the other..so I'm thinking about putting on my day pack one morning and hiking from one to the other..talked to # 1 Niece to see if she wanted to do it with me...but alas she doesn't have anyone to stay with the kids in the mornings...and I'm thinking about doing it early Weds morning since I don't have to be to work until 2 pm...but she did say that she would pick me up at trail end and take me back to my truck...so this might work out...

I need to get in better shape before this weekend when I do the backpacking trip with the AOC...my first this year...not that I'm really worried about it but it's always nice to be able to keep up with the rest of the gang...I'll be carrying a 35 lb backpack and the extra 20 pounds that I've gained since Oct. last year....so now you see why I'm pushing it....I'm determined that I will be back down to where I was last October by the end of June... and since I'm now on a regular schedule I can stick to some regiment and get some kind of workout each day...

No comments: