Sunday, December 30, 2007

Rainy Day

and still feeling good about myself in spite of it...

We need the rain so bad here in Georgia that I'm actually glad to see it...even more glad that I'm at home and don't have to drive the bus in it...altho it is a slow steady rain ..the kind that sinks into the ground...just what we need...
It's hard for me to get to concerned about the drought (altho I know it's serious) because where I come from (Wyoming) it was so much drier there (except for the snow) and when we were in a drought everything was brown...here things are still green but i can really tell there's a drought when I go hiking up in the mountains and where there used to be a running stream there is only a trickle now...the waterfalls are really what I miss....again only a trickle..although it does make it easier for river crossings......

I don't have any hikes planned right now....all the hikes are level 4 & 5 and I'm a level 3 hiker. At least right now...working on getting to be a level 4..hopefully by this spring. I miss camping this winter but since there is a campfire ban for all the states I camp in I don't see much sense in going...it gets dark about 5:30 pm and without a campfire there's not much to do except go to bed....No Fun...I could go on some day hikes but just haven't seen anything that interests me and as I said i'm not ready for a strenous hike right now..I have no doubt i could do it..I just hate slowing down the group...besides that my friend Bruce (who's hikes I usually go on because he always takes us to a waterfall or two) has been having health problems and has had to take a break from hiking...I like some of the other leaders but it's just not the same without Bruce...But I'll keep checking the website for the AOC and if I see a hike that really interests me then I'll sign up and go..

Making my plans to go to SC for the New Years...I have to be back on Weds to make sure my bus is ready for Thurs when I go back to work...I have to take down all the Christmas pictures the kids drew & colored for me..I probably decorated my bus more than I did my house...how funny is that...I wish I could post some of the pictures here but since I don't have a scanner anymore it's not possible....They are so cute and some are really good....I'm thinking about doing a pet theme next...I already have some pictures that a few of them did for me of their pets..I will put them up in the bus by the childs assigned seat..for some reason they get a big kick out of that...Now if only I could think of something to keep the middle schoolers under control...LOL....

No comments: