Tuesday, November 14, 2006

So why is it I just can't get motivated?

I have a long list of things that I could be doing but instead I've been here on the computer all morning..just looked at the clock and realized it afternoon...where does the time go?
Altho I have to admit I've been checking job listing and taking a test for the temp company I've signed up so it's not like I've been goofing off..it just feels like it...
I still need to clean my garage so I can bring all the junk I have in the storage unit here and store it...I gave them my months notice last Friday and I've got to get everything of there by the end of the month....and someone told me last night that Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK....whooooaaaa...where does the time go...
Not sure what I'm going to do for Thanksgiving...last year I went to the movies by myself...just wasn't up to spending a whole day eating and watching football...I was hoping to take another backpacking trip but it's been cancelled...The Kid did invite me to her house..but her in-laws are coming and that's not really my idea of a fun day....
anyway back to my garage..right now it's a mess because of all my camping gear is laid out in there drying out...I need to figure someway to hang all my differant backpacks on the wall...I guess I'll have to take the giant picture of the owl in the tree down...I tried to give it to The Kid once and she didn't want it so I stuck it on the wall in the garage...hmmmm I wonder if #1 Niece would like it for her garage?....
I'm thinking about going out and mowing my lawn but then I really don't want to get all sweaty and yecky because then I'll have to take another shower and my hair is looking really good right now. Hate to take a chance on it not looking good tonight when I go to the AOC Social Hour...I would like JUST once to look good when I see all the people I go hiking with...Usually when I go hiking I don't wear any make up and by the first hour of hiking my hair has gone all curly and frizzy...and you have to admit they don't make hiking clothes that are real sexy...at least I haven't found any...so I though I would doll up tonight and give everyone a shock...and besides that I haven't had any excuse to dress up since last Weds. night when I went out with the girls for Lynn's b'day...now that was fun...We went in a limousine (which smell like cigarettes...yech) to a night club and I danced all night...any hooooo....that's my excuse for not getting off my butt and mowing the lawn...who mows lawns in November anyway...just because it's nice out side and the lawn needs it doesn't mean I have to do it...right?
So I'm thinking that I'll go fix me some soup and watch Rachel Ray...I can't believe I'm watching tv during the day...but I've always liked her and now she has her own hr long variety show on during the day and it's not even on the food network channel...how cool is that?

Job wise...I'm just waiting for some miracle to happen and someone to call me and tell me that they want to support me in the lifestyle I've gotten used to ....OH YEAH that's gonna happen.....LOL.....
I just wish I could make a living out of backpacking and camping....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Temp sounds like a plan. Just keep pluging away I'm sure it will all work out. I'm pulling for you! ;)