Monday, November 13, 2006

Hanging in There

I went thru a few days of total depression and loss of self confidence but am bouncing back to be my old self.....can't let a little thing like losing a job get me down...

I went to SC to see my friends Conry & Paula last weekend and then went out on a date with another guy from MySpace....it wasn't good.. he was nice but way too short (he said he was 5'8" but he was at least two inches shorter than me ...and I was wear flats) and old acting...mostly interested in drinking beer and bragging about his travels overseas....oh well...

This weekend I went on a GREAT backpacking/camping trip..it was a real challenge...this is my third backpacking trip..the first was an easy one, the second moderate...this was was strenuous...it kicked my ass but I did it...we even did 6 (SIX) water crossings...and I'm not talking about easy ones...the water was knee deep and fast...but it was beautiful..We were at Lake Fontana up by Gatlinburg TN...there was 10 of us...6 guys and 4 girls..ages ranging from 62 to 24 ...that's right I wasn't the oldest...Don is 62 (and married) but he's been hiking for many years and could out hike all of us..the 24 yr old was a girl who is the Govenors Photographer...she was a doll and all of the single guys were fawning over her..it was fun to watch....good group ..I had backpacked/hiked with 4 of the group in the past ...lots of fun...it really helped bring my confidance back..I figure if I can conquer my fear of water (ie:water crossings) and then I can do anything....

On the job scene..I really haven't done much but I do have an interview set up for tomorrowa afternoon...can't say I'm excited about it....Wish I could take this time and figure out what I really want to do when I grow up...but not having much education and monies doesn't give me much choice in what I do..

4 comments:

Suzann said...

Good for you Sue ------ you have been in my thoughts a great deal and I am sending you wonderful, golden thoughts - take care and continue to be gentle with yourself.

Anonymous said...

Ooops, that was me the other day that deleted the comment. I'm just learning this stuff and I promise it wasn't a nasty comment. Anywho, just wanted to say, CHIN UP! You will find something and you'll be glad that things happened when they did.I enjoy reading your adventures. You sound like you are doing great on your own. ;)

Joy Des Jardins said...

Thinking about you Sue...as I've been there too....still am. Take some time...it won't kill you. Take care...

Shelly said...

Hang in there....these things have a way of working out. Sounds like your backpacking trip was awesome!