Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm alive and kicking...Whoohoooo


Whitewater rafting was a kick in the ass....I loved it...our guide GATOR MAN...was a trip...and I didn't fall out of the raft once... you can't see me in this picture (I'm in the back right next to the Gator Man) but believe me I was smiling the whole time.... and Yes I will do it again...but I might wait until next summer when it's warmer..

I went backpacking again this past weekend and I think I'm getting addicted because I've signed up for another trip on Nov 11 & 12th..

We went to Shiny Rock Gap NC and hiked in about 3 hrs (I got my pack down to a mere 30 pounds this time and that's with my tent and new sleeping bag) then set up camp on the ridge.. then took another hike to Shiny Rock which sets on the top of the world..you can see for miles & miles...it was beautiful...We watched the sunset from there...a memory to keep forever...oh yeah did I tell you that I went with 3 guys...yep...they were a blast..all in there 30's and they all have girlfriends but they didn't come because it's too cold...How cold was it you might ask? Well, Sat night they say it got down in the 20's...I'm not sure I believe it because my water bladder didn't freeze but I did have it in my tent with me and it was very cold...I can tell you that I didn't want to get out of my warm sleeping bag to go the bathroom at 3 am...so I laid there until just before sunrise and then got up and went...it was a beautiful red sunrise...well worth the whole trip..only one of the guys got up to watch it with me...he took pictures..and is suppose to send them to me...Yesterday we packed up and hiked out to the truck (we all rode up together in Bo's truck)..
Then went on another short hike (without packs) then came home...stopping in some little town in NC and eating pizza first....figured I worked off any extra calories hiking and it was good...I got home about 8 pm and man was I ever tired...I barely got my pack unpacked and took a shower...went to bed without even fixing my hair..talk about bed head this morning...oh well, it was all worth it....GREAT WEEKEND..I wish it didn't have to end...

It seems funny to me that I fit in with these guys from the very first moment we met..I never felt uncomfortable with any of them...we just had a blast...I'm so glad that I took that step and joined this club..It's good to find other people who have the same interest in being outdoors that I do...

I gave my notice here at work...yep the other company offered me the position...I went and took my drug screen test last Monday...I will start the new job the first of the month..I've decided since I won't get a vacation for a whole year to take some time in between jobs...just a couple of days for myself...not sure what I'm going to do with them..

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Wow, sunrises, sunsets and eye candy, all in one weekend!
I have had a similar experience with my bike club. I have found it easy to be with all these people because we share a passion for the same thing. I've been so impressed by the people I've met and the kinds of activities that they promote that I even volunteered to join their Board.
Sounds like the bed head was worth it. Have fun on your next adventure. You go girl!