Friday, February 13, 2009

Time slips away

I really don't know where the times goes...I think of a lot of things to blog but then never seem to get here to actually do it...
I did start one about 25 random things about me..but I couldn't think of 25 things..so I saved it for one of those days when I'm witty and funny...

I've actually been busy..not just sitting around and watching TV..Been bowling with some great friends...we played 3 games and I actually bowled 127 on my last game...This is really good for me..When I was in the bowling league, years ago in Colorado, my average was 108...Not telling you what I bowled the first 2 games...let's just say it took me that long to warm up..LOL..

My French lessons are going great...On Sunday when we met at the French Bakery, "J" was there with her French Teacher . i was actually able to greet him and tell him my name in French..."J" was impressed...I've been practicing and I've been listening to my French tapes everyday...also been studying the lessons on About.com. French Language..It's really been a big help..As you can see I'm determined to do this...I may never go to France (unless I win the lottery) but I will know a 2nd language...besides it's Fun..I need all the fun I can get...

The part time job has been a challenge the last couple of weeks..I don't know if it was the full moon or not but people the last 2 weeks have really been rude and no one wanted to give donations...lots of hang ups and just plain rudeness... my new week started last night and it was much better..still not many donations but at least the people were nice about it..I guess it all depends on what neighborhood call list I get..Lots of hours for not much pay but it has its' good points too...I get to do it at home and as long as I complete the call list the hours are my own to make...I will keep positive...

I'm feeling so much better..I know as long as I stay away from the sugar and make sure I keep something in my stomach I don't cough much at all..In fact I feel so good that when I got home early yesterday, it was early release for the elementary & middle schools, that I actually did some work in my yard..I cut my Privets way back, in fact almost to the ground..I do this every few years because they get so weedy looking and they are in front of my house ..Cleaned out part of my gutters (the part that I could reach while standing on my rickety old wooden ladder) and even raked part of my yard...

The weeks ahead will be busy for me..I am going on a "group date" for Valentines Day tomorrow and then salsa dancing...My French lessons on Sunday...Then the next weekend is "Lil Bits" birthday...She will turn 6 this year...unreal that the years have gone by so fast..She got a new puppy for her birthday and I really need to get over and see it...Her Mom tells me she really wanted a pig for her birthday but seems happy with the puppy...She's very into Charlotte's Web..her favorite story.. not sure what to get her for her b'day because she has so much already..
I have a "sleep over" at my house to plan for my Thus friends. More on this one later..
Then I have a hike planned with my friend Bruce..who was my favorite trip leader with AOC..he's had some health problems this past year and has also gotten out of shape (like me)...I know there is a Family Dinner at Corey's and a "Boil" at Michelle & Sweets place..
Whew...for an old lady I do pretty good at keeping myself busy....

2 comments:

Joy Des Jardins said...

Sounds like you've been pretty busy to me Sue...and honestly, that always a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I can't remember the last time I bowled...years and years ago. You can always blog...I think it's much better to be active, so good for you sweetie.
My little granddaughter will be six too...in July....it goes very quickly doesn't it? Take care Sue...Hugs, Joy

Suzann said...

I hope you going to have a fun and happy weekend. Thinking of you across the miles.